About The Awards
Outstanding Performance in Administrative Services
The President’s Award for Outstanding Performance in Administrative Services was established to recognise and reward University staff members, individually and in teams, who demonstrate exemplary performance in areas such as administration, information technology, project management, outreach and other support functions not directly related to teaching and research. The Award also reflects the University’s commitment to promoting people-based University governance and organisational efficiency and responsiveness, through a culture of continuous self-improvement and change, participation and consultation, trust and mutual support.
Nominations for the Award were considered by a selection panel comprising Professor Stephen CHEUNG Yan-leung (President), Mr Tony CHOI Siu-chow (lay Council member), Mrs Sophie LAU KWOK Lai-mui (external member from a local higher education institution), Ms Sarah WONG Man-yee (Vice President (Administration)), Dr Gregory Paul FAIRBROTHER (representative elected by and from the Academic Board), Dr Simon XU Sheng-lang (administrative staff member appointed by the President), Ms Angie YEON Yuk-mei (previous recipient of the President’s Award for Outstanding Performance in Administrative Services), and Mr LEE Kin-wai (student representative on the Academic Board, invited by the President).
The members of the selection panel assessed the individuals and teams nominated for the Award based on the following criteria:
- Demonstrates outstanding performance;
- Promotes positive morale through a congenial, supportive attitude and by providing service to other stakeholders of the University community;
- Seeks continuous self-improvement as well as develops and recognises others;
- Exhibits initiative and creativity resulting in improved operating efficiency and/or available resources of the department and/or University; and
- Enhances the image and impact of the department and/or University.